Primary SCHOOL FOCUS
As part of its focus on being a hub for the local community, North Birmingham Academy is committed to working with its local primary schools to ensure all pupils make a smooth transition to 'big' school. In support of this, the Academy regularly shares its expertise and resources to the benefit of primary pupuls.
- Discover Science week - primary school pupils access the Academy's science labs to take part in science lessons and projects.
- Arts at Work Week - A full week of Drama, Music and Dance exhibitions and workshops which showcase the talent and creativity of our Academy community and the strengths of our Arts specialism. Throughout the week all lessons have a strong 'creativity' theme that encourages Academy students and primary school pupils to develop their artistic and creative flair.
- Technology Week - primary pupils take part in a range of hands-on workshops which gives them real life experience of technology, for example using the Academy's motor vehicle maintenance workshop.
- Christmas Extravaganza - Primary pupils take part in masterclerclasses coached by our specialist Music and Drama staff. Their work culminates in a slot at the Academy's annual Christmas Exravaganza where primary school pupils take to the stage in front of a packed hall.
- Student Mentors - Year 8 students receivetraining to become mentors in the Local Authority's onlione transition project.